Fatbands using norm-conserving pseudopotential

Dear colleagues,

Is there any way to use norm conserving (NC) pseudopotential (PP) in order to generate fatbands (m-resolved). I am using GGA-PBE PP in .psp8 format. I know it is possible for PAW PP.

I am using NC PP just because I need to mix PP for doping case. If I’m not wrong, “mixalch” use NC PP not PAW PP.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
R

I have figured out that such fatband can be created even with NC PP just putting prtdos=3 during band structure calculation. However, it gives “xx_DS2_FATBANDS.nc” file which can be opened by abiopen.py. Which is good news.

However, is there any way to produce individual files with extension “xx_1o_DS2_FATBANDS_at0002_xx_is1_lx_m+x” just like PAW case? If not, could it be extracted the fatband quantities from the above .nc file?

Thanks!
R

Hi Rajesh,

There is a possibility with a bit of an effort to have the files in a text format as you have them in PAW.
Since you are familiar with AbiPy, one can use the classes associated with the fatbands netCDF file:

wal_sbk

and

walm_sbk

The format of the dataframe is quite straight forward for L = [natom, mbesslang, nsppol, mband, nkpt] and for m = [natom, mbesslang**2, nsppol, mband, nkpt] .

Following this you can write a python script that loops over number of atoms and which prints in your desired text format file by columns:
[natom nkpt mband L = 0]
[natom nkpt mband L = 1] for L decomposition
and so on.
The same for m decomposition:
[natom nkpt mband L = # ; m = -L, m=-L+1 and so on]

I hope this idea will help you out in circumventing this format limitation.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Dear Bogdan,

Many thanks for the idea. Actually, honestly,I am not that much expert in coding. Therefore, I did dig around using your idea. I recaluclated the fatbands using prtdos==3 and prtdosm==1. Then I used abiopen to create the Jupiter notebook file where I was able to plot using “plot_fatbands_mview”.

Thanks again and regards,
Rajesh